4846 - 4921 FINE ARTS - JAPANESE PRINTS, DRAWINGS and ILLUSTRATED BOOKS, ORIENTAL and TRIBAL ARTS
- Silk laid down; browned and soiled.
= Part of a triptych.
AND 2 others, both by HIROSHIGE, i.a. a wormholed copy of (Fireworks at Ryôgoku Bridge) (col. horizontal woodcut, signed Hiroshige ga, publ. unread. Substantial wormholed in left margin and one in lower right corner). - AND 3 modern restrikes of woodcut ôban by HIROSHIGE (2x) and HOKUSAI (The Great Wave).
- Wrappers sl. foxed and sl. worn along extremities. Stitching retied.
= Very colourful designs for fabrics of kimonos, but also incl. illustrations of landscapes, flowers, birds, insects etc. The title of two parts are given in the book itself: "Sôka hyaku ritsu" (One hundred flowering creeping plants) and "Keika Zuan" (Drawings of the flower capital). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXI.
= Perhaps designs for covers.
AND a colour woodblock print showing a flowering plant.
= Perhaps by Kyosai.
= Collection of mon or family crests and heraldic devices.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXII.
- Two plates dam. Several of leaves have been cut open at the outer edge.
= Title unread. The woodcuts show various types of scenes: landscapes, mythological scenes, a few military scenes (incl. 1 of a seabattle) and some w. animals.
- Fold. woodcut loose. Frontwr. lacks title-piece(?). = Book of designs.
ADDED: a publication on HARUNOBU (Prague, 1957).
- Backcover stained and loosening, frontcover sl. stained. Contents fine.
- Sl. yellowed; creases along edges. = Rare.
- Sl. foxed; most watercolours sl. dam./ chipped; partly loosely inserted. Album rubbed/ worn along extremities.
= All watercolours showing men and women in splendid dress, in sparkling colours. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXII.
- Some foxing; one tiny dam. spot. Otherwise fine.
- Partly foxed. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXII.
- Bookblock loose. Wrapper soiled; lacks both ties;. Contents fine.