4511 - 4665 FINE ARTS - JAPANESE PRINTS, DRAWINGS and ILLUSTRATED BOOKS, ORIENTAL ARTS
= Showing scenes of everyday life on a farm, i.a. sowing and harvesting, apiculture, cattle etc.
- Silk laid down; browned and soiled.
- A former scroll.
- Laid down; sm. clumsily restored spot in the hand.
= Apears to be a work on Chinese mansions and estates.
- Laid down; trifle foxed.
- All previously folded, all sl./ trifle chipped in margins, two watercolours lack (part of) one lower corner, one drawing dam. in lower margin (closed holes), partly w. traces of silverfish in lower margin, two watercolours w. a vague white haze over black area in lower margin, and all w. (mostly closed) tears. Despite these defects an attractive series of watercolours.
= Possibly designs for lacquer work. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LIII.
- Paper very brittle.
- Folded once and w. creases. = Probably from a sketchbook. With small sketches of hands.
AND 14 others, all but one drawings, all sketches of i.a. flowers, birds and figures (i.a. sea spirit Shôjô).
= Prob. from a sketchbook.
- Sl. yellowed along passepartout.
- Soiled; rebound in modern boards. Sold w.a.f. = Unknown author and artist.
- With the detached original boards.
- Wr. foxed.
= A large version of this design from unidentified publication.
Hokusai (1760-1849). (Two mandarin ducks and irises). Horizontal col. woodcut ôban, signed Zen Saki No Hokusai Aratame Litsu Hitsu.
- Duststained, mostly along edge; sm. tear in lower edge.
AND 5 others, all showing birds and/ or plants, i.a by BAIREI.